To mark my two year anniversary, I want to share ten things I'm most thankful for as Covenant's pastor:
1. The way the people at Covenant welcome anyone who walks through our doors
2. The incredible support they offer their pastor
3. Their willingness to try new things
4. Their commitment to serve the Asheville community
5. The incredible staff I get to work with everyday
6. Their love for Jesus
7. Their desire to be a part of something bigger than their individual selves
8. Their grace for my shortcomings as their pastor
9. The way they love on my family
10. Their generosity
Sometimes I feel overwhelmed with the great responsibility God has entrusted to me, but I try to have the same mindset John had when he proclaimed "He must increase, I must decrease." I understand God has called and positioned me where I am for a reason, however, I also know it's not about me, it's about getting out of the way of what God wants to do through me and through this body.
I have loved the two years I have been at Covenant and look forward to many more years and many more people connecting with God, each other and our community.