Monday, October 6, 2008

New Shoes

Over the weekend I got two new pairs of shoes....and their hip. This is a huge deal for me. I don't think I've bought new shoes in 8 years...literally. The last pair of shoes I bought were the cheapest black shoes I could find and they were for a catering job. I've worn those shoes same black shoes for like 8 years.

I felt so good Sunday wearing a new and hip pair of shoes. Its amazing how much better I felt about myself. Maybe image isn't everything, but it sure means something. I'm hoping to get a hip haircut and some hip clothes to go with my hip shoes soon.

I could spiritualize this whole image thing and say that the book of Genesis tells us we are created in the image of God and that the book of Romans tells us to conform to the image of Christ. Whoops, I think I just spiritualized it.

No comments: