Monday, August 3, 2009

NT Wright on Homosexuality

NT Wright is the Bishop of Durham and one the foremost Biblical Scholars in the world right now. Some people have described him as the modern day C.S. Lewis. While I understand the sentiment, I think the comparison does neither of them justice. Anyway, he's an author and teacher I respect, admire and make it a point to pay attention to. I was glad to read his recent comments on the decision of the Episcopalian Church in the United States to allow in principle the appointment, to all orders of ministry, persons in active same-sex relationships. To read the complete article, click here.

As I read the article I sensed his grieving the schism and his desire for Christians to remain loyal to orthodox faith.

One of his best quotes of the article: "We must insist, too, on the distinction between inclination and desire on the one hand and activity on the other — a distinction regularly obscured by references to 'homosexual clergy' and so on."

If you're interested some of his brief thoughts via video, here ya go:

No comments: