Sunday, June 19, 2011

Father's Day

My oldest daughter and wife made breakfast for me before church for Father's day.  My wife knows that I can tell a difference on Sunday mornings when I have had breakfast and when I haven't.  Obviously, I have more energy when I have eaten breakfast.  So it was a nice surprise to have a good breakfast before the services on Sunday.

I am a blessed man.  If you have a father who has been a good father, honor him today.  If you do not have an earthly father who has been good and loving towards you or who has been indifferent towards you, my prayer is that you know God's goodness and love towards you as He is your heavenly father.

I don't think there is a replacement for a good earthly father and I do not believe God desires to be a replacement for an earthly father.  However, God does promise to never leave us nor forsake us, He promises that we can approach Him with confidence to find help in times of need, He is good, He is loving and He wants us to trust Him as our heavenly father and that's a relationship we all have access to.

May you know God's goodness in your life this Father's day.  

No comments: