Monday, April 16, 2012

Prayer

The sermon this past Sunday was on prayer (if you want to hear it you can go to the bottom of this blog and stream it or download it).

At the end of the service I shared the song "Prayer" by Celine Dion and Andre Bocelli. 



It's a beautiful song that has personal meaning.  My parents played the song at my wedding rehearsal dinner as a way to remind us of the importance of prayer in a marriage.

That afternoon I received a very cool e-mail:
 
Vicar... (I love that he calls me Vicar!)

Andrea Bocelli likes to tell the story of a brave young woman who refused to go through with it when her doctors told her that she should undergo an abortion because her baby would be seriously handicapped. Then he likes to tell us that the woman was his mother.

I wish I would have known this before sharing the song, it would have made for an incredible set up.  It is definitely a story I will use in a sermon at some point. 

No comments: