Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Sunday Recap

On Sunday I talked about "Gifts."  To set it up I asked people with various gifts to be a part of the entire service.  I had somone with the gift of teaching to lead the children's time.  I had someone I see as a prayer warrior lead the prayer time.  I had a young girl who is called into ministry lead us in The Lord's Prayer.  I had a man who has not done so at Catawba share his gift of singing.

It was a wonderful service that just confirmed that our strength is our community.

The text for the sermon was Matthew 25:14-30.  The parable Jesus tells in that text has a lot to do with the relationship between a boss and his employees.  It has to do with  taking responsibility for what we have been given by a generous and loving God.  We are to be faithful stewards of all He has given us.

The main idea was: Your relationship with God determines what you do with what you have.

I am convinced that how we view God will determine our relationship with God.  And our relationship with God will determine whether or not we are generous and sacrficial and loving people or if we are stingy, selfish and apathetic people.

What kind of person do you want to be...if you aren't that person, start with your relationship with God and who you want to be will fall into place and you will then start using the gifts God has given you for His purposes.

No comments: