Thursday, October 3, 2019

Day 7 - Dinner at the Castle

Woke up for a traditional service of morning prayer led by Phillip Plyming.  It was simple, refreshing and beautiful.  What a great way to start the day!

The rest of the day consisted of lectures.  The two best were one by Phillip Plyming called "Lessons from Paul in Corinth" and one by David Wilkinson on the intersection of Faith and Science.

I didn't realize that a group of scientists in the 1800's decided that science needed its on professional arena.  Science and religion were tied too closely together so this group called the X club set out to create conflict between faith and science to give science it's on professional arena.  It worked and now there's this myth that faith and science are at odds with each other when in fact they compliment each other.

The day ended with something I have never done and will probably never do again.  

WE HAD DINNER AT A CASTLE!

I felt like I was on an episode of Downton Abbey.  The company was good, the atmosphere was beautiful and the food was delicious.





Seriously, I had dinner at a castle.

After dinner, Chris Westmoreland and I walked Dr. Liz Kent to her car because we are chivalrous.  We crossed a bridge and she told us there's a possibility that C.S. Lewis got his inspiration for the lamp post in Narnia from this spot. I'm going with it!



It was an exceptional day of learning and eating at a castle that I will never forget!

No comments: