Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Picture in Office

I have this picture hanging in my office. From the first time I saw it, I loved it (you should be able to click on it to enlarge it). It reminded me that it is the church's responsibility to bring Jesus to people who don't yet know Him. There are many people out there who aren't just going to come to church, which means the church has to go to them. So that's why its hanging in my office.

I recently found a combination of words that immediately made me think of the picture. It came from a preaching conference yesterday led by Brian McLaren. One of the things he said about preaching is that ancient-future is better than traditional or contemporary.

I think that combination of words "ancient-future" describes this picture perfectly. Bringing the unchanging ancient message of Jesus Christ to the ever changing culture of the future.

Hope you like the picture too.

No comments: