Monday, February 13, 2012

The Boards

I have a big day tomorrow.  I go before the Board of Ordained Ministry again.  Last year around this time I went before three of the Committees and passed one of them, which means this year I go before the two I did not pass.

The three committees are:
-Call and Disciplined Life
-Preaching and Discipleship
-Theology and Doctrine

I passed the one I thought I would have the most trouble with: Theology and Doctrine.

I'm not nervous yet.  It's a totally different feeling this year.  Last year I really thought I would pass.  I was pretty confident in myself.  This year I'm taking a different approach.  While I expect to pass, I'm going to try to go in with a more humble attitude.  Not a lack of confidence, but not a explicit show of confidence either. 

Like I've told people, whatever happens happens.

I will be hurt and disappointed if I don't pass and I will be excited if I do pass, however, ultimately this process does not decide the ministry God has for me and there is freedom in that truth.

1 comment:

Linda said...

Lynn & I will be praying for our wonderful pastor!