Friday, September 25, 2009

The Latest Read


I just started reading Don Miller's book A Million Miles in a Thousand Years. I'm really enjoying it. Here's two paragraph's that I absolutely loved:

"I've wondered, though, if one of the reasons we fail to acknowledge the brilliance of life is because we don't want the responsibility inherent in the acknowledgment. We don't want to be characters in a story because characters have to move and breathe and face conflict with courage. And if life isn't remarkable, then we don't have to do any of that; we can be unwilling victims rather than grateful participants.
But I've noticed something. I've never walked out of a meaningless movie thinking all movies are meaningless. I only thought the movies I walked out on was meaningless. I wonder, then, if when people say life is meaningless, what they really mean is their lives are meaningless. I wonder if they've chosen to believe their whole existence is unremarkable, and are projecting their dreary life on the rest of us."

So my question for all of us is this, do we want to be unwilling victims or grateful participants?

God wants to write a story with our lives, what story is He writing with your life? Is it boring, controlled, mundane, lifeless and selfish, or is it adventurous, exciting, generous, Spirit-led and purposeful?

If your life were a movie, how would it end? How would you want it to end? If you see a discrepancy in the answer to those last two questions, why don't you start living life in a way that has the ending you want, instead of the ending you're heading to now?

No comments: