Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Peggy McRee

Peggy was a friend of mine and a member of the church I serve. She died on Saturday. I conducted the funeral service today and gave the eulogy. In the eulogy I talked about what a generous person she was. Not just with her material possessions, but with her love and time. She was genuinely interested in people's lives, it didn't matter if she knew you or not, once you met her, you were a friend.

I don't think I've ever met an unhappy person that wasn't generous. Generosity just seems lead to a life of joy and contentment. Peggy was a generous person and she was able to make the most of every situation. She was full of life and joy and anyone that met her loved her. She was a natural encourager. She always told me I had "pretty eyebrows" and that I was "handsome." Maybe that's why I miss her so much!

Rest in peace Peggy, I will miss visiting you.

1 comment:

draysult said...

Rich, sorry for the loss of your friend. But, I like you, rejoice in the fact that you were able to know and spend time with Peggy. Thanks for all you do!