Sunday, January 3, 2010

Life of Pi


I just finished reading this book.  It was amazing!  It has so much depth to it.  There are so many layers of meaning in the book.  The best part is the ending, which I do not want to spoil for those who haven't read it.  Just know that if you are going to read it that it is more about you than you initially realize.  It is one of those books that sticks with you for a little while.  Its hard to stop thinking about.  Here's the premise: a 16 year old Indian boy named Pi is the son of a zoo owner.  His family has to move (along with most of the animals) across the ocean and the ship they are on sinks.  Pi finds himself in a lifeboat with a Bengal Tiger.  Did I mention that Pi is a Muslim, Hindu and Christian?  Sounds interesting doesn't it...why don't you check it out for yourself?  Trust me, you will be glad you did.

1 comment:

Talbot Davis said...

I checked it out and sure am glad I did.

The ending reminds me of the end of "The Sixth Sense."