Sunday, March 28, 2010

Need Wisdom...Just Ask

I often quote or refer people to James 1:5-6 because of how practical it is.  I often make decisions without praying about them before I make them.  And honestly, while its ideal to pray about every decision, I don't know that its possible.  So I'd like to think that when I am not utilizing prayer for a decision, that I've been pursuing something that is just as helpful: wisdom.

James tells his hearers that "If any of you lacks wisdom, he should ask God, who gives generously to all without finding fault, and it will be given to him."  If you've been making bad decisions lately, why not try asking God for wisdom?  In verse six we are reminded that if we ask expecting to get it, then we will get it.

Seek wisdom, ask for wisdom, expect wisdom and watch your decision making improve.

1 comment:

draysult said...

Guess Job's friends not only needed to pray for effective counseling to Job but also WISDOM! Thanks for the class, I thing everyone gained from it. Good Job!