Friday, September 24, 2010

Simplifying the Complicated

Methodists have something that their church's are responsible for every year called Charge Conference.  It basically involves meetings, paperwork and finding people to serve in various areas of the church.

It's not fun.

I was at a seminar earlier this week and I told another pastor whose been doing this longer than I have that I wasn't sure what I was doing.  He took out a sheet of paper and started writing on it.  He handed it to me.

He had simplified the entire process in 10 minutes.

I told my secretary that every new pastor needed that piece of paper. 

I think organizations often make things more complicated than they really are. 

This piece of paper would've helped much earlier in getting things ready for charge conference, but at least it doesn't seem as daunting as it did.

No comments: