Thursday, September 30, 2010

Questions

I've been collecting questions for a sermon series we are doing called Text Message.  On Sunday, October 24th, I will start tackling some of those questions. 

It's been an interesting assortment.  Everything from life application questions to specifically Bible questions.  I'm loving it and I look forward to answering them.  I don't necessarily enjoy the research and background work, but I do enjoy what I get out of research and background work and I love sharing what I've learned with others. 

I'm getting ahead of myself, which is easy for me to do.  We still have two weeks of pre-determined messages and I think this Sunday's will create an "aha" moment for many people and I'm excited to share it.  It's something that created an "aha" moment for me while on staff here.

See you this Sunday!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Pastor Rich - This is Tom Triplett.I've always been troubled with this passage. maybe you can help. In Matthew Chapter 25,the parable of the sheep and goats, Jesus says when the Son of man returns,he will judge by who has cared for the hungry,etc. The "goats" go to their eternal punishment. Nothing is said about being saved or believing in Jesus.How do we reconcile this with being saved only by faith. I know wesley wrestled with this also. Interesting point though.
Also our Sunday school class has discussed if Judas had free will or was part of God's plan and had no choice. It seems he was locked into his fate. Any help with this one?

Rich Tuttle said...

Thanks Tom, I'll tackle these as part of the series. Great questions! I'll have to walk down there for that Sunday School class one day.