Friday, May 6, 2011

Writing Exercises


I've been doing writing exercises lately.  Actually, they're typing exercises.

I sit down and write for 15 minutes straight and write...without thinking too much about grammar or spelling or content or flow of thought.  I just write.  I have one topic I write on.  I think if I do this enough I will have a book on that topic.  Or at least that's the hope. 

There's been several different inspirations for this but the biggest one is my two daughters.

My biological father died before I was born so I never knew him.  I would've loved for him to write a book that was for his children, for me.

That's the kind of book I want to write. One that is for my children.  I want it to be publishable quality, but if it doesn't get published, I will not care. 

It will be about what I consider one of the most important things when it comes to living a Christian life.

Sort of a spiritual theology of living practically.

Anyway, I've only done these writing exercises three times so far and they seem to go well.  I don't know that I have the discipline to do it daily, but three or for times a week is definitely possible.

I can't wait to see where this goes.  Hopefully they will turn into a book my daughters can keep with them long after I have left this world.

No comments: