Friday, August 19, 2011

Trying to Hide Worry

Our next two day project at CCC was a large wheelchair ramp that had two platforms. The most experienced construction person on our team was a senior in high school who had built a wheelchair ramp last year on a CCC trip. The ramp was for Mrs. Hood's Bible study and prayer group. Of the group, she told us that some are in their 60's, some 70's, some 80's and even a 90 year old. So no pressure on us at all to finish it!

I was worried. Everyone on our team was willing and tried to have a positive attitude, but I was really worried that we would not be able to do it.

I was the team leader and felt it was my responsibility to be positive and I tried not to show my worry.

I'm proud to say that we were able to get most of it done and it actually worked as a wheelchair ramp. I was amazed to see how much we accomplished with the little bit of experience we had on the team.

Because we were unable to finish it, I had asked a couple of guys from our church if they would be willing to stay over on Saturday for a few hours to finish it. Being the awesome guys they are, they said "yes."

So instead of heading straight home from an exhausting week with the rest of our church group, we went to finish the wheelchair ramp. And in 4 hours with four of us it was finished.

Here's a picture of Mrs. Hood on her new ramp:

No comments: