Friday, May 14, 2010

The Move

I can officially go public.  I am transitioning from being an associate at Good Shepherd to being the lead pastor at another church.  We are moving at the end of June.  It wasn't until this last Sunday that we could officially go public with it.

My wife and I are excited about it and I've felt so encouraged and supported by the people of Good Shepherd ever since the e-mail went out to the Good Shepherd Congregation.  Their words have lifted my spirits and made me even more excited than I already was.

We will have a lot to miss:
-The people of Good Shepherd
-The music at Good Shepherd
-The messages at Good Shepherd
-The montessori school Mikayla is in
-Our house in Rock Hill
-A couple of our neighbors
-Being close to my wife's work (she will commute to Rock Hill two days a week)
-Being close to an Earth Fare

We have a lot to look forward to as well, but I think its important to grieve what we are leaving behind in order to move ahead.  There are times in life when all of us have to grieve the past in order to move forward.  Every new beginning comes from some other beginning's end.  I began at Good Shepherd in March of 2006 and now that beginning is coming to an end.  My last Sunday at GS is June 20th and I start at the other church on July 4th.

We are expecting God to do great things!

No comments: