Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Trading up

View more news videos at: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/video.


This video is the story of a teenager who traded an old Nokia cellphone for a Porsche Boxter.  Yep, you read that correctly.  Of course, it wasn't a straight up trade.  It took Steve Ortiz two years of trading to go from the cellphone to the Porsche. 

He turned something that wasn't worth much into something extremely valuable.  It reminds me of what God does when we surrender our lives to Him.  There's a song whose opening lyrics share this same truth:

I'm trading my sorrow
I'm trading my shame
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

I'm trading my sickness
I'm trading my pain
I'm laying it down for the joy of the Lord

We can hold on to our junk and let it keep us from really living if we want to, or we can "trade up" for God to take it, redeem it and turn it into something beautiful.

Its what He does and He's good at it!

No comments: